The eighth Annual TIAA Charity Golf Tournament raised $23,365 for The Senior Source, an organization that is dedicated to improving the quality of life for senior citizens in the North Texas area. On Monday, September 17, some 50 golfers turned out for a rain-delayed outing to enjoy good golf weather. For the first time in eight years, the tournament had to be postponed because of rain. Originally scheduled for September 10th at the Waterview Golf Club in Rowlett, Texas, monsoon rains forced a change in the date and resulted in several golfers having to miss the event.
Tourney Co-chairs Courtney Miller and Max Post presented a check representing the proceeds to Molly Bogen, Executive Director of The Senior Source. In accepting the contribution, Molly commented on the importance of the TI Alumni group to The Senior Source over the past several years, and cited programs which are helping seniors remain in their homes with assistance from The Senior Source.
Max praised the efforts of TI retiree volunteers who helped in raising funds for the tournament and assisted with logistics on game day, and for all the TI Retirees who mailed in donations. He also cited the work of Courtney Miller, his wife Dee, and daughter Margaret Eckert for their support. He also thanked Bies Van Biesen, a recent TI retiree, who was a first-time volunteer and was a big help at the tournament.
Courtney thanked the golfers for their contributions and asked their inputs for next year’s tournament. He also recognized the tremendous support by TIAA Administrator, Jessica Stewart, and Sandy Landers of The Senior Source, in making the tournament a success.
Texas Instruments and the Texans Credit Union received special recognition for generously underwriting the tournament costs so all donations could go directly to The Senior Source.
The TIAA would like to thank all those, golfers as well as non-golfers, who contributed and helped raise more than $22,300.
The winning teams were:
- First Place: Ted Graves, James Banse, Mark Webster, Andrew Astudillo
- Second Place: C. B. Lee, Charles Anderson, Dale Pescatrice, John Robinson
- Third Place: Walter Bonner, Richard Bonner, Willie Neal
Golfers were also recognized for the following accomplishments:
- Closest to Pin on the four par-threes: Allen Marshall, Kim Harrison, Doug Schwarz, and Tom Boedecker
- Longest Drive: Mark Gibson
- Texas Instruments (Corporate Co-Underwriter for costs of tournament)
- Texans Credit Union (Corporate Co-Underwriter for costs of tournament)
- The Senior News Source (provided full-page ad in their publication)
- American Financial Services/Barbara Barton, CFP
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Texas
- Classic Residences by Hyatt
- Edward Jones/Jerry Pierce, CFP
- JFE International Consultants, Inc. (Francisco Escobar)
- Merrill Lynch & Co./Mike McChesney
- Raymond James & Associates/James Augenbaugh
- Wachovia Securities, LLC/Joseph A. Marshall, V.P.
- Wal-Mart -- www.walmart.com
Group One Realtors, Candy Post
- Sarah Bradford, State Farm Insurance
- Newark Electronics
- Paradigm Home Health
- SVTRONICS, Inc.
Dot Adler, Billie & Bill Aylesworth, Bart Bechtel, Jerry and Ronnie Brandenburg, Joan Eschrich, Luise Evans, Phil Gray, Jim Hubbard, Dick Hulton, James Jackson (Challenger Gray & Christmas), Larry James, Joan & Marvin Lane, Deb & Steve Leven, Herby & Jan Locke, Lewis & Valerie McMahan, Courtney Miller, Cherrie & Jack Musser, Dave Noble, Alice Parry, Una & Les Payne, Max & Candy Post, Janelle Richards, Kate Rose, Carl & Sandy Skooglund, Del Whitaker, John E. Woodward, and Bernie Yurin.
Anonymous, Jim D. & Nancy Adams, Joan & DeLamar Bell, Al Blaylock, Molly H. Bogen, Jimmy L. Culver, Ed Ellis, Jon H. Jackson, Patsy Kelley, Art Lowe, Mrs. Ingram Lee II, John McCormack, Ed Millis, Doris Mitchell Mott, Ann Pomykal, Janelle Richards, Peg Ripple, and Bettie Smith (Independent VIP Beauty Cons).
Frank Alexander, Ed Antilla, Peggy Butler, Ed Butschek, Paula & Ray Calvert, Mr. & Mrs. Ken Echelberger, James Eiting, John Gilhooly, Nelda Higginbotham, Roberta Hill, Ray Knodal, Mrs. Harley LeBoeuf, Ruth Lee, Claude F. Lord, Jr., Mr. & Mrs. Swanzy Meadows, Anna J. Morris, Delois Morris, Keith Nichols, Sharon O’Neal, Delores Osnik, Ms. Beatrice W. Perkins, Walt Phillips, Jean Ramzel, Roy Reynolds, Tim Riead, Jimmie Roberts, Ruth Robinson, Jim Rowland, Ted Scherbel, Tony Schmidt, Phyllis Turlington, Leonard Webster, Curtis Williams, John W. Wilson, and Ken Zap.