Our annual United Way campaign launched on May 3 and will run through May 21. During these three weeks, consider getting involved to help United Way and Texas Instruments achieve this campaign’s mission to “Live United to build stronger communities.” In addition to giving, there are other ways to make an impact with United Way during the campaign:
- Three virtual ‘Connect & Learn’ lunchtime sessions with TI leaders, United Way of Metropolitan Dallas and area nonprofits who are doing vital work in the areas of education, income, and health. Discussions will be inspirational and informative and will include ways for you to volunteer in each of those three areas.
- Friday, May 7: Noon – 12:45. Learn how United Way works with nonprofits to help children develop language and literacy skills, address mental health, and promote inclusion. You will also learn how to show support for or healthcare workers. Join the discussion here.
- Wednesday, May 12: Noon – 12:45. Kids who grow up with even a small college savings account are 3 times more likely to go to college and 4 times more likely to graduate. Learn about United Way’s “Dollars for College,” program and how you can put your creative and mentoring skills to good use toward this program. Join the discussion here.
- Thursday, May 20: Noon – 12:45. Learn about “Southern Dallas Thrives,” a United Way initiative that provides vital investment opportunities for southern Dallas County. Get involved in a professional attire clothing drive for this program. Join the discussion here.
- Fun, virtual volunteer engagement opportunities can be found here, all of which you can do from home. A few of them would also be great for getting your family or grandkids involved. A few examples include decorating piggy banks for kindergartners in Lancaster ISD, making “no sew” blankets for homeless teens, and writing thank you notes to healthcare workers for their work this past year during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- And if you use Instagram, be sure and follow our new TIAA United Way account by searching for “2021_tiaa_unitedway” and following.
Thank you for supporting this year’s campaign and if you do decide to give, log in here. TI retirees should match your gift through the TI Foundation matching gifts program by requesting a match here.