TIAA sponsors many activities for our members and former TIers
The Activity Committee supports the goals of TI’s Citizenship Programs, which states: “TIers and retirees give back to the communities where we live and work through volunteerism, charitable giving, mentorship and sustainable practices. We believe strong companies build strong communities, and strong communities build strong companies. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. When they pursue their passions at work and in the community, they make our company and our communities stronger. From advancing education and giving to civic involvement and promoting volunteerism, Our rich culture of citizenship dates back more than 85 years and continues to thrive throughout our company today.”
Many TI employee engagement and volunteer events are open to TIAA members. In addition, the Activities Committee's goal is to make it fun to be part of TIAA, to welcome new members and gather new ideas for improving the Association. The Activities Committee, in partnership with appropriate Texins and Texas Instruments staff, is responsible for volunteer community activities, travel events, TIAA annual business meetings and other social functions of the Association. It coordinates the TI Retiree Luncheon for TI in the fall, as well as a charity golf tournament for active TIers, retirees, and former TIers, which benefits United Way and local charities. The Activity Committee also acts as a reception committee at all events that it arranges, including:
- Offering community involvement to sort clothes, sack groceries, plant community gardens, support Veterans groups, visit nursing homes, and other volunteer opportunities..
- Hosting TI's Annual Retiree Luncheon to receive health care information, learn about nonprofit organizations, socialize with friends, and hear an update on TI’s business by a TI speaker.
- Scheduling travel opportunities to museums, sporting events, animal sanctuaries, plays, musical performances, etc.
- Setting up the TIAA Annual Meeting to elect officers, and selecting interesting and fun locations to visit for the meeting, such as the Dallas Arboretum.
- Conducting the annual TIAA golf tournament to benefit nonprofits, such as The Senior Source and the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas.
- Acting as a network for other TI alumni groups by reporting schedules and contacts.
Currently, the Activities Committee is composed of these members:
- Marilyn Adams
- Dot Adler
- Greg Boydston
- Jerry Brandenburg
- Ronnie Brandenburg
- Jon Campbell
- Verdie Furguson
- Ed Hassler
- Roberta Hill
- Larry James
- Courtney Miller
- Max Post (Chair)
- Peggy Ripple
- Kate Rose
- Jessica Stewart
- Gary Stopani
- Linda Stopani
This committee normally meets at 10 a.m. on the third Thursday of every month, and you are invited to become a member of the Activities Committee to help plan future events.
TIAA members and their guests are welcome to participate in any or all of these activities, but please
TIAA members and their guests are welcome to participate in any or all of these activities but please register at least seven days prior to the event. To register online and receive an electronic acknowledgement, first logon to this website, click on Activities Calendar, select the event you wish to join, click on Event Registration Page, click on Register Now and fill in the blanks. Or, you may contact the TIAA office via email or phone 214-567-8444.