Rex Ferguson and his team took top honors at the 2011 TIAA Charity Golf Tournament Sept. 12 at Woodbridge Golf Club in Wylie. Rex and his family have been supporters of the tournament for many years, and Rex commented that he had helped design the original trophy.
The twelfth Annual TIAA Charity Golf Tournament raised $19,020 in donations and pledges for The Senior Source, a nonprofit organization that works to improve the quality of life for senior citizens in our community. Bob Best, chairman of the board of directors for The Senior Source, thanked golfers for their contributions and gave a brief review of the programs benefiting seniors.
Courtney Miller and Max Post, co-chairs for the tournament, presented a check representing the proceeds to Bob Best and Sandy Landers, director of finance for The Senior Source. Since 2001, the TIAA has raised more than $270,000 to benefit The Senior Source. The contributions from 10 Corporate Sponsors were recognized along with the gifts from more than 60 retirees who mailed in donations as hole sponsors, cart sponsors, or individual donors.
Courtney Miller thanked all the volunteers who helped with the logistics to make the tournament a success, especially the TIAA administrator, Jessica Stewart, and Stephanie Grossman of The Senior Source.
Courtney announced results of the competition as follows:
- First place - Rex Ferguson, Gloria Ferguson, Rex Ferguson Jr., and Dan Lanier.
- Second place - Todd Steudtner, Andrew Astudillo, Daniel Martens, and James Banse.
- Third place - Gary Williams, Tom Boedecker, and Johnny Dozier.
- Longest Drive, Ladies - Gloria Ferguson.
- Longest Drive, Men - James Aughenbaugh.
- Closest to Pin (four winners) - Johnny Dozier, Rex Ferguson, Jr., Tony Lewis, and Todd Steudtner.
Courtney also recognized the underwriters of the tournament – Texans Credit Union and Texas Instruments. Their contributions cover the cost of the tournament, so that 100 percent of donations go directly to The Senior Source.
TIAA would like to thank all the sponsors, golfers, and individual contributors who worked together to raise more than $19,000 in a difficult economic environment.
- Jerry Pierce, CFP/Edward Jones
- James Aughenbaugh/Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Classic Residence, a Vi Community; Highland Springs,
- Erickson Living Community
- the Vernon Group
- The University of Texas at Dallas.
- Merrill Lynch,
- Lisa R. Calloway
- Paradigm Home
- Health, SVtronics, Inc.
- Town Village North