The eleventh Annual TIAA Charity Golf Tournament on Sept. 14 raised $20,450 in donations and pledges for The Senior Source, a non-profit organization that works to improve the quality of life for senior citizens in our community. Despite heavy rains a week before the tournament, the Woodbridge Golf Club course was in good shape and a gentle breeze helped blunt the September heat for an exciting day of golf.
Longest Drive Men
- Kevin Koestner
Closest to Pin (four winners):
- Jim Powell
- Andy Higgins
- Sam Duyka
- Jim May
Courtney also recognized the underwriters of the tournament – Texans Credit Union and Texas Instruments. Their contributions cover the cost of the tournament, so that 100% of donations can go directly to The Senior Source.
The TIAA would like to thank all the sponsors, golfers, and individual contributors who worked together to raise more than $20,000 in a difficult economic environment.
- Jerry Pierce, CFP, Edward Jones & Co.
- James Aughenbaugh, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Classic Residence, a Vi Community
- Highland Springs by Erickson Retirement
- Mike McChesney, Wells Fargo Advisors
- The University of Texas at Dallas
- The Chateau Senior Living
- Paradigm Home Health
- Sachse Rod Shop
- SVtronics, Inc., Chris Dickey