The tenth Annual TIAA Charity Golf Tournament raised $22,160 in donations and pledges for The Senior Source, a non-profit organization that has worked to improve the quality of life for senior citizens in the North Texas area for more than 45 years. For only the second time in its history, the tournament had to be rescheduled because of heavy rains.
When some 64 golfers took to the course at the Woodbridge Golf Club in Wylie on Monday, September 28, they experienced some of the best golf weather ever for a TIAA tournament. Bob Law, a director and currently chair of the finance committee for The Senior Source, thanked golfers for their contributions and gave a brief review of the programs benefiting seniors.
TIAA President Ronnie Brandenburg presented a check representing the proceeds to Molly Bogen, Executive Director of The Senior Source. Since 2001, the TIAA has raised more than $200,000 to benefit The Senior Source. Molly and her associates have commented many times on the importance of the TIAA to their organization and continue to express their appreciation for the support.
Golf Tournament winners were: O.D. Eastland, Jesse Jackson, and Walt Bonner.
Max Post recognized the efforts of Corporate Sponsors for their help and also recognized the contributions from more than 70 retirees who mailed in donations as hole sponsors and cart sponsors, or made individual donations. Courtney Miller thanked all the volunteers who helped with the logistics to make the tournament a success, especially the TIAA administrator, Jessica Stewart. Stephanie Grossman of The Senior Source also provided major support for the tournament.
Courtney announced the winning teams as follows:
- First place: Walt Bonner, O.D. Eastland, and Jesse Jackson
- Second place: Jim Balaze, Jim Powell, Gary Sprehe and Wayne Proctor
- Third place: Kevin Koestner, David Koestner, Mike Hayden and Brad Woodson
Golfers were also recognized for the following accomplishments:
- Long Drive, Men: David Koestner
- Long Drive, Ladies: Kim Harrison
- Closest to Pin (4 winners):
- Perry Skelton, Wayne Proctor, Ted Miller, Jim Powell
Courtney also recognized the underwriters of the tournament – Texans Credit Union and Texas Instruments. Their contributions cover the cost of the tournament, so that 100% of donations can go directly to The Senior Source.
The TIAA would like to thank all the sponsors, golfers, and individual contributors who worked together to raise over $22,000 in a difficult economic environment.
- Highland Springs by Erickson Retirement
- Edward Jones & Co./Jerry Pierce
- Impact Circuit Designs, Inc./Michael Cantrell
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney/James Augenbaugh
- Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC/Joe Marshall, Member SIPC
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Classic Residence by Hyatt
- Paradigm Home Health
- Sachse Rod Shop