The TI Alumni Association raised a total of $25,000 to benefit The Senior Source at the seventh annual TIAA Charity Golf Tournament. The Senior Source is an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for senior citizens in the North Texas area.
On Monday, September 18, some 65 golfers turned out to enjoy the best golf weather in the history of the tournament - light breeze, clear skies and cool temperatures. For the first time, the tournament was held at the Waterview Golf Club in Rowlett, Texas - a challenging course with beautiful well-kept fairways and greens.
TIAA President Lewis McMahan presented the check representing the proceeds to The Senior Source Board Chairman, Suzy Gekiere and Molly Bogen, Executive Director of The Senior Source. In accepting the contribution, Suzy commented on the importance of the TI Alumni group to The Senior Source over the past several years, and cited programs which are helping seniors remain in their homes with assistance from The Senior Source.
Lewis praised the efforts of TI retiree volunteers who helped in raising funds for the tournament and who helped with logistics on game day. He also cited the work of Courtney Miller, his wife Dee, and daughter Margaret Eckert for their family support, and Jerry and Ronnie Brandenburg for recruiting and organizing the volunteers.
Courtney thanked the golfers for their contributions and asked their inputs for next year's tournament. He also recognized the tremendous support by Doris Mott, TIAA Administrator, and Stephanie Grossman of The Senior Source in making the tournament a success.
Texas Instruments and the Texans Credit Union received special recognition for generously underwriting the tournament costs so all donations could go directly to The Senior Source.
The winning teams were:
- First Place: Herby Locke, James Aughenbaugh, Rex Ferguson Sr., Rex Ferguson Jr.
- Second Place: John Gibson, Mark Gibson, Buck Downs, Paul Martin
- Third Place: Tony Adams, Paul Adams, Rick Proctor
- Fourth Place: Lowell Chambers, Leon Zellars, Phil McDermott, Rod Riggins
Golfers were also recognized for the following accomplishments:
- Closest to Pin on the four par-threes: Rex Ferguson Sr., Patrick Burns, Martin Nuncio, Bill Henderson, and Rick Proctor
- Longest Drive: Rick Proctor
- Texas Instruments (Corporate Co-Underwriter for costs of tournament)
- Texans Credit Union (Corporate Co-Underwriter for costs of tournament)
- The Senior News Source (provided full-page ad in their publication)
- A.G. Edwards & Sons/Rob Frey, CFP
- American Financial Services/Barbara Barton, CFP
- Edward Jones/Jerry Pierce, CFP
- Merrill Lynch & Co./Mike McChesney
- Raymond James & Associates/James Augenbaugh
- Southwest Securities, Inc./Michael J. Owen, CFM, ARPC
- The Sterling at Turtle Creek
- Wachovia Securities, LLC/Joseph A. Marshall, V.P.
- Ebby Halliday, REALTORS
- Group One Realtors-Candy Post
- Impact Circuit Designs, Inc.
- Sarah Bradford, State Farm Insurance
- EWING BUICK-PONTIAC-GMC DALLAS
- KLA Tencor Corporation
- Paradigm Home Health
Dot Adler, Billie & Bill Aylesworth, Jerry and Ronnie Brandenburg, Joan Eschrich, Rex & Gloria Ferguson, Hank Hayes, Jim Hubbard, Dick Hulton, Joan & Marvin Lane, Herby & Jan Locke, Ron & Cathy McCormick, Lewis & Valerie McMahan, Dave Noble, Una & Les Payne, Max & Candy Post, Kate Rose, Beth A. Rumph, State Farm Insurance, Solana & Associates, P.C., CPAs, Pat Weber, Jo Lynn Williams, and Bernie Yurin.
Jim D. & Nancy Adams, Joan & DeLamar Bell, Molly H. Bogen, Andrew L. Chaffin, CPA, P.C., Jon H. Jackson, Larry James, Patsy Kelley, Courtney Miller, Doris Mitchell Mott, Walt Phillips, and Janelle Richards.
Anonymous, Ed Antilla, Theyla M. Bone, Mike Booher, Francis, Lozell Carter, Fred Carvajal, Alice Casey, Lorene Clute, Patricia A. Cochran, Francis Dieter, Rocco DiPaola, Reed Ferguson, Charlene Frost, Peggy J. Goldin, Ben R. Hallford, Nelda Higginbotham, Billie M. Kyle, Arthur L. Lowe, Swanzy Meadows, Beulah Mosley, Hugh Myers, Beatrice Wilken Perkins, Roy S. Reynolds, Jr., Walter H. Schroen, Jim Smith, and John W. Wilson.